Tribute to my mom.

Used to be dayre-ing nowadays because it's very convenient and I can dayre through my phone anytime, anywhere about anything. Its a microblog which works simpler than blogspot.

But what makes me come back here today?

Its mothers' day tomorrow and for some reasons, I have to stay in KL and plan no celebrations for her. I know my mom is not the kind of person that wanted any celebrations, a simple eat out will satisfy her more than enough.

But I always think my mom deserve more. For all the sacrifices she had just to raise three of us well, for all the efforts she gave in order to feel us to be at home when we are at home, and for everything she has done to ensure we lead a better life in future, she deserves many more.

I am not from a single parent family but I live like I am. For almost past 20 years, I almost forgot that I do have a father. Because of all things I have been using and I have been wearing and I have been spending, its all from my mom's sole income. And so do my siblings.

This explains why mom is not just a teacher but she tuitions students after school hours and work like a normal housewife at home. Prepares the meals, does the laundry and every bits and pieces of the house chores are under her care and these workloads lay heavily on her shoulders when brother and I have to leave home for studies.

As much as I can recall, we are taught to be independent during school time. We had to prepare our own breakfast, wash our own school shoes, iron our own uniforms, do our own revisions before exam time and help mom to tuition the students, even during our own exam time. No one can be excused because we all know that it's my mom sole income we are relying on to live on.

When we get into high school, time spared to help my mom getting less. Communication is even lesser especially when I have to go to school during day time and endless tuitions at the night time. For I can remember, sis and I do not have a habit to ask allowance from my mom. So most of the time, my mom would not give us any cents for food at school. And we did not ask any money from her except for some school fees, co curricular uniforms and tuition fees. All our allowance are on part time jobs during school holidays. We usually work for anyone that willing to pay us and that explains why we worked part time though we were underage.

Brother and I are lucky enough to get full government sponsor on our education and I even get a little savings from that portion of scholarships. And now left my sis to get into her degree and my mom will need not to worry anymore about anything.

But dear mom, its too much you have contributed to this family. We should be given you more by now. Not just a simple wishes through any medias. But it should be something to be done everyday, at least to be filial and to stay by your side.

I know there are no perfect parents and there are no perfect children, but there are plenty of perfect moments along the way. I know I have to be more sensible, more discipline and more matured. And when all the while I wish you were just a housewife taking care of us, I now hope that you are healthy and happy. And only with that can make me feel glad. Get well soon mom. Miss those days when you are so sporting, especially when you showed off your basketball skills at the court. Must get well soon and then we go for trips. Okay?


Mothers' Day celebration 2014, Red House.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. I don't know much about your family, so I didn't know that your mum did so much for the family. Wished that she had a wonderful mothers' day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment