Interwing Basketball 2014 : Man, The Ending Is Not Right!!!!!

Something's not right. It shouldn't be this way!!!! Gosh.....can someone turn back the time? :(

Yeah, last month 13th was my company's interwing basketball match which we have been looking forward to. Frankly speaking, its not easy to get all the almost good players in a team when the game is set to start within few weeks time.

I was so nervous as I was so afraid I couldn't play well and might drag my teammates. But at the same time, I was so excited because finally.......all the time I spent rushing all the way to basketball court and get stucked in the traffic jam, also and the time taken to attend the training no matter fever or flu instead of resting properly.....all this bits and pieces of little efforts in trainings can finally paid off in this game if I can play well than usual or gain more points for the team.

We started off versus Ruby (Red Team) with a bad positioning. Julian couldn't get to explain much to all of us in positions and can only highlight some final remarks in defense to all of us. In this match, we lose to Ruby in the first half (12 - 10) and also second half (13 - 7). And we started off with the match with Opal (White Team) where things get better when our remarkable Centre (Kevin) with 186cm height arrived on the spot. And yes, we won Opal on first half (7 - 10) and also second half (8 - 18) which leaded us to be the best team on top of Opal and Ruby in overall.

I did not know how the committee group the opponents in semi final but our first team is to against Emerald (Green Team) which is too strong for us. And Julian couldn't have much stamina in which I have to swap with him for the moment. Running for few laps up and down in the court and in a jump grabbing the ball, I found myself in a bad landing and the next moment I fell on the floor and carried out of the court by the guys.


Semi Final with Emerald (Green Team) and yup, I am the only girl on the court


Couldn't remember this scene but I guess it was not far from after this that I got injured.

Before entering this match against Emerald, I did play during match with Ruby and Opal. Nil for the score but everything is good and I did warm up before the game too. Just a bad landing causing me disqualified to play.....I was like MAN, I HAVE NOT SCORED ANY POINTS YET.

Sitting on the bench speechlessly and can only watch the team to play. Still, the guys lost over Emerald (8 - 13 and 6 - 16) but I think they are still in good team spirit to fight for third place, which is something I am touched. So when the team came to versus Topaz (Yellow Team), Kris was able to break the record by hitting 30 (4 - 11 and 4 - 19) as overall which mark the highest points of all. This is how he was selected as the Most Valuable Player of the game haha!



Kris the MVP with his Octoberfest mug as prize lololol

The last moment when we see Ruby against Topaz, I told Kris that Bob from Ruby was a MVP of Sapphire last year. And in a glance, Kris is the MVP for Sapphire this year. Haha, so fated? I guess no. Because Kris is good, real good and speed as a forward.

So Kris joked that the Octoberfest mug is given to him intentionally so that he could drink a lot of beer this year and next year cannot play coz got tummy already! Haha



Sapphire Basketball Team 2014
From the front row left - Yeet Aun, Adrian, Krisson, Me
Second top row left - David, Aziz, Aaron, Julian (Coach) and Kevin

The team that I am proud of. Formed within few weeks. Made up of equal numbers of players from IT and FO. Very diversified and integrated as well as we have Malay, Chinese and Indian and we have both male and female players, haha.

My pose in this picture is the most awkward one coz I couldn't and had no courage to move my left leg due to sprained ankle and also because the smelly Kris sit beside me and I pretend to hold the score sheet that made him a MVP for him lol. (And I guess he smelled the worst that day coz running up and down while all the guys boh lat d)



Sapphiresss!

See all the happy faces! I guess everyone is happy with 3rd placing, in fact this year is tougher and we did put our best foot forward. Really thanks to Julian who coached and led the team, it really made a difference when you have a really good player who can plan the strategies from game to game.

Get to know that some of the IT folks' contracts ended very soon by December this year. I actually did not meet them last year while playing for Sapphire and really quite lucky to have them, as its really a great team when we have a Centre like Kevin and a very good Control like Julian. So guys shall we play again together some day some time? To make up my guiltiness on that day and also to get along for the last time too. :)

Comments