August Gatherings
Just back from Ampang celebrating Audra's birthday at La Risata. When you first see the topic, I guess you might think its a birthday celebration for a friend I have known but no, its actually my second time meeting her and this is actually my first time get the invites to celebrate her birthday!!
Audra is actually Tracy's friend since primary school. And Tracy is my colleague. This is how actually we are connected and how I get invited to this birthday gathering. Hehe.
Its a very very luxury birthday celebration and everyone is actually trying to give a surprise to her of 19 years of friendships since primary six.
This time, the gang decided to have it at Italian restaurant, La Risata where we get a room filled with wines and champagnes. Super love as this is my first time enjoying fine dining and the service is real good. We even opened a bottle of red wine due to the much influence surrounded by the wines lol.
![]() |
| Everyone's excited and happy with the wine. Cheers for Audra and the friendships. |
The wine is good. A bit astringent at the first sip but when you used to it, you will realised the wine is actually filled with sweetness. Haha sorry for my bad description. Anyhow, we opened one bottle for 12 person (normally one bottle for 8) as all of us need to drive home after dinner.
![]() |
| Audra with choc ice cream cake with nuts, cheese lemon cake and tiramisu in cup. |
Desserts served after dinner. Yes, the birthday cakes are actually our desserts. I kinda like this gang as all of them don't mind sharing their food with everyone as in such fine dining, everyone tends to order differently. Seriously did not keep track the desserts name as all of us enjoy freely with the food and friends.
![]() |
| The funniest and cutest couples I have ever met |
![]() |
| Sicilian Bombe - the dessert is on fire! |
Okay this is the epic and the dessert I really recommend here. The awesome part is when the waiter light the fire up and pour the wine, brandy over this dessert and what happens next is the cream outer burned a little become sugar like pavlova. Really cool and among of the cakes, I like this most. Would want to bring my mom over for this next time.
Super fine dining has super fine bills too. The gang eventually shocked when they see the bills but I thought its KL rate? Haha. And because of that, some of us had not enough of the meal and would want to go for cheese naan as second round lol.
![]() |
| Spot the melting cheese in the middle? |
Its my first time trying out cheese naan in my life!! And yes they said its a must try when you come to Ampang. We actually ordered 3 double cheese naan and I can't really eat much as I am really quite full with the dinner earlier.
So I guess I will be meeting this gang more often next time? :)
August and September are months filled with many many celebrations. Eventually had a simple gathering at Bob's place last Friday where we brought some beers (Sommersby and Carlsberg) and get some food together with Wei Wei, Jaecent, Adrian, Tracy and Yi Han. All are my colleagues except Yi Han, which is my new friend too.
Quite a simple but fun gathering as we get to enjoy couples of humorous movies with Andy's large LCD screen. The place is actually Andy's place where he is now in Shell Miri so Bob takes over as the owner for the moment and the beneficial most are all of us, where we get to party more, hahaha.
Celebrated Adrian's super belated birthday with dark chocolate ice cream cake from Kindori! Nice man, I think I gonna get the same cake for my boss too. And although this is super belated one, but Adrian is touched, at least a little? :)
Can't wait for the coming up trip where I am going BKK in October with this gang too (with Bob, WW, Tracy and YH) and we will only spend the weekends there. Gonna meet Nongyao there and I can't wait to see her! I guess she will be touched to see all of us just to fly over and meet her. :')
Till then, gonna blog again soon. Loving here a lot recently. Xx





Comments
Post a Comment